User Partnership Program
The User Partnership Program (UPP) allows U.S. Government departments and agencies to develop effective Information Assurance (IA) solutions that meet unique customer requirements.
The User Partnership Program (UPP) is designed to assist U. S. Government departments and agencies in the development of effective Information Assurance (IA) solutions for unique user requirements.
Under UPP, the customer (user) organization is responsible for contracting and funding the development of a specific product. The National Security Agency (NSA), in cooperation with the customer's Program Manager, establishes the security requirements and specifications, performs an evaluation to ensure compliance with the requirements, and authorizes the use of the product for its intended application.
- U.S. Government customer contacts the Information Assurance Directorate's (IAD) Client Advocates
- NSA Business Affairs Office (BAO) provides vendor with Product Summary Questionnaire (PSQ)
- Vendor completes and submits PSQ
- Business case is determined
- Vendor then submits a detailed proposal
- Detailed proposal is reviewed for technology and market
- Product is accepted into program
- NSA and Vendor enter into a legal agreement
- NSA and Vendor participate in a security evaluation
- NSA certifies the security embedded within the product/service
Please contact IAD's Client Contact Center for more information.